ZD Leader has a wide range of micro motor production lines in the industry, including DC Motor, AC Motor, Brushless Motor, Planetary Gear Motor, Drum Motor, Planetary Gearbox, RV Reducer and Harmonic Gearbox etc. Through technical innovation and customization, we help you create outstanding application systems and provide flexible solutions for various industrial automation situations.
• Model Selection
Our professional sales representive and technical team will choose the right model and transmission solutions for your usage depend on your specific parameters.
• Drawing Request
If you need more product parameters, catalogues, CAD or 3D drawings, please contact us.
• On Your Need
We can modify standard products or customize them to meet your specific needs.
Other Related Products
Click here to find what you are looking for:
Q: What’re your main products?
A: We currently produce Brushed Dc Motors, Brushed Dc Gear Motors, Planetary Dc Gear Motors, Brushless Dc Motors, Stepper motors, Ac Motors and High Precision Planetary Gear Box etc. You can check the specifications for above motors on our website and you can email us to recommend needed motors per your specification too.
Q: How to select a suitable motor?
A:If you have motor pictures or drawings to show us, or you have detailed specs like voltage, speed, torque, motor size, working mode of the motor, needed lifetime and noise level etc, please do not hesitate to let us know, then we can recommend suitable motor per your request accordingly.
Q: Do you have a customized service for your standard motors?
A: Yes, we can customize per your request for the voltage, speed, torque and shaft size/shape. If you need additional wires/cables soldered on the terminal or need to add connectors, or capacitors or EMC we can make it too.
Q: Do you have an individual design service for motors?
A: Yes, we would like to design motors individually for our customers, but it may need some mold developing cost and design charge.
Q: What’s your lead time?
A: Generally speaking, our regular standard product will need 15-30days, a bit longer for customized products. But we are very flexible on the lead time, it will depend on the specific orders.
Calculation of Reduction Ratio in a Cycloidal Gearbox
The reduction ratio in a cycloidal gearbox can be calculated using the following formula:
Reduction Ratio = (Number of Input Pins + Number of Output Pins) / Number of Output Pins
In a cycloidal gearbox, the input pins engage with the lobes of the cam disc, while the output pins are engaged with the cycloidal pins of the output rotor. The reduction ratio determines the relationship between the number of input and output pins engaged at any given time.
For example, if a cycloidal gearbox has 7 input pins and 14 output pins engaged, the reduction ratio would be:
Reduction Ratio = (7 + 14) / 14 = 1.5
This means that for every 1 revolution of the input pins, the output rotor will complete 1.5 revolutions. The reduction ratio is a key parameter that influences the output speed and torque of the cycloidal gearbox.
Noise and Vibration Considerations in Cycloidal Gearboxes
Cycloidal gearboxes are generally known for their smooth and quiet operation. However, like any mechanical system, they can still exhibit some level of noise and vibration. Here are the key factors to consider:
- Gear Design: The unique rolling contact design of cycloidal gears contributes to their relatively low noise levels. The teeth engagement is gradual and continuous, reducing impact forces and noise.
- Lubrication: Proper lubrication is essential to minimize friction and noise. Using high-quality lubricants and maintaining proper lubrication levels can help reduce noise and vibration in cycloidal gearboxes.
- Precision Manufacturing: Precise manufacturing processes and tight tolerances can help minimize irregularities in gear meshing, which can contribute to noise and vibration.
- Load Distribution: Proper load distribution among multiple lobes in the cycloidal mechanism can help prevent localized stress concentrations that could lead to vibrations and noise.
- Bearing Quality: High-quality bearings can contribute to smooth operation and reduce vibrations that could be transmitted to the gearbox housing.
- Mounting and Installation: Proper mounting and alignment of the gearbox are important to ensure that it operates smoothly and without excessive vibrations.
While cycloidal gearboxes are designed to minimize noise and vibration, it’s important to consider the specific application, environmental conditions, and operating parameters. Regular maintenance, proper lubrication, and selecting the appropriate gearbox size and type can all contribute to reducing noise and vibration levels in cycloidal gearboxes.
How Does a Cycloidal Gearbox Work?
A cycloidal gearbox operates on the principle of cycloidal motion to transmit rotational power. It consists of a set of components that work together to achieve smooth and efficient motion transmission:
- High-Speed Input Shaft: The gearbox is connected to a high-speed input shaft, typically driven by an electric motor or another power source.
- Cycloidal Pins or Rollers: Surrounding the input shaft are a series of cycloidal pins or rollers arranged in a circular pattern. These pins interact with the lobed profiles of the outer stationary ring.
- Outer Stationary Ring: The outer ring remains stationary and contains lobed profiles. The lobes are designed in a way that allows them to engage with the cycloidal pins as they rotate.
- Motion Transmission: As the input shaft rotates, it causes the cycloidal pins to move along the circular path. The interaction between the cycloidal pins and the lobed profiles of the outer ring results in a unique motion known as epicycloidal or hypocycloidal motion.
This motion generates torque that is transferred from the input shaft to the output shaft of the gearbox. The main advantage of a cycloidal gearbox is its ability to provide high torque output in a compact design. The multiple points of contact between the pins and the lobes distribute the load, enhancing the gearbox’s load-carrying capacity.
Cycloidal gearboxes are known for their smooth and controlled motion, making them suitable for applications requiring precise positioning and high torque capabilities, such as robotics, automation, and industrial machinery.
editor by CX 2023-09-22